Points to be included in Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be short yet precise and include all the major points that will compel the employer to take a look at your resume. Hence, your letter must be equally well composed as that of your resume. To make your cover letter perfect in all ways, try to include all the below mentioned points:
- Personal information
- Recruiter/Employer information
Tips to write Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
The above mentioned points will help you in composing and effective letter. Now we will look into some of the tips that will help you to write the above points.
- Start your cover letter with your personal introduction. Mention in your full name, contact information, address, and email address. Align it to the right hand side of your letter.
- Next to your personal information, include the date you are writing this letter on followed by the recruiter’s information like name, job position, organization name, and location. Align all this information on the left hand side of your letter.
- Now, mention in the subject or the reason you are writing this letter to the employer. Keep the statement small and to the point.
- Start your letter by addressing the employer. Your first paragraph must convey the reason for writing the letter, the medium you came across this job position, and a pointer towards the attached resume.
- In the next paragraph try to educate the employer the skills you possess which make you eligible and perfect for this job position. However, ensure not to mention all the skills and use only some of the power keywords related to the industry to keep the letter short and precise.
- Next comes in your prior job experiences. Mention in the total experience along with your current employer and the responsibilities performed in his paragraph. Again, keep it short and mention only the most important things.
- Conclude your letter by thanking the employer for their time and consideration. Mention in the desire for a personal interview.
Hope the above points and tips help you in writing a good restaurant manager cover letter. The below given restaurant manager cover letter sample will guide you further more on the format and content to be written in your letter.
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Sample
BRIAN R. COLON
3541 Grand Avenue,
Maitland, FL 32751
October 1, 2014
Jerry R. Merchant
Red Chilies Hospitality Services
Subject: Application for Restaurant Manager Job Position
Dear Mr. Merchant,
I am writing this letter to show my keen interest in applying for the Restaurant Manager job position with Red Chilies Hospitality Services, Maitland, FL. I am applying for this position with reference to the advertisement posted by you in The Maitland Times dated October 1, 2014. I have attached my personal resume addressing the position requirements.
I have completed my Bachelor in Hospitality and Hotel Management from the University of Texas in 2007 and have boast of over 8+ years of professional experience in restaurant management and hospitality industry. My prior experiences have excelled me with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, multi-tasking abilities, marketing skills, stock level insights and many more.
Currently I am working with Ocean’s Delight, Texas as a restaurant manager and responsible for managing operation of three high volume restaurants, coordinating administration, plan restaurant events and marketing plans, set budgets, recruit new staff and more.
I look forward for an opportunity of a personal interview where we can discuss more about my skills and proficiencies that make me eligible for this job position.
Thanking your for your time and consideration.
Hope the above restaurant manager cover letter sample helps you in writing an compelling and error free cover letter for your job application.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Restaurant Manager Resume Sample
Restaurant manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a restaurant manager, or download the restaurant manager cover letter template in Word.
Is your job search serving up less-than-appetizing opportunities? Time to restore order. To be considered for top restaurant manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a restaurant manager, or download the restaurant manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about food services careers and look for restaurant manager jobs on Monster.
Restaurant manager cover letter template
Sometown, NC 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
November 20, 2017
Ms. Myra Jones
55 Main St.
Sometown, NC 55555
Re: Restaurant Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
If you are searching for a dynamic, hands-on and award-winning restaurant manager for DEF Restaurant on Broad Street, please consider my strong qualifications.
Beginning at age 16, I have worked in nearly all facets of food and beverage service. Following work as a busser, dishwasher, line cook, waiter and host/maître de within casual and fine-dining restaurants, I was recruited to serve as assistant manager for Riverside, XYZ Restaurant Group’s flagship 4-star restaurant.
Within three years I was promoted to general manager of Riverside, and last year the board of directors requested that I lead the turnaround of Dogwoods, the group’s fine-dining property.
Rewarded with two “President’s Awards” during my tenure at XYZ, my guest-first mentality and innovative approach to restaurant management have delivered:
- 18% revenue growth (last fiscal year) by launching new catering operations, restaurant concepts and dining options capitalizing on the latest culinary trends.
- 8% margin increase in one year by improving cost controls, minimizing waste, negotiating food costs and optimizing staffing.
- Triple the number of social media followers by introducing the company’s first digital marketing program.
I excel at building performance-driven cultures and supervising teams of up to 50 focused on service excellence and profit-goal attainment. If my track record and passion for F&B excellence are a close match to your needs, please call me at 555-555-5555. I hope to hear from you soon.