Dear Mr. Roberts,
I would like to apply for your Family Advocate position with Parkvale Health Center. I am a mental health professional with more than nine years of experience working with children and families.
As a Family Advocate with Kids First Counseling I act as a liaison between families and the court system as well as providing counseling to both children individually and families as a unit. I am well-versed in group counseling techniques and child development. In addition I am familiar with family law and have an in-depth knowledge of community agencies and referral networks. My approachable personality and calm demeanor lend themselves well toward gaining the trust of the families with whom I work. I have been told that I am a trusted resource. I would be happy to have the opportunity to contribute these qualities as a Family Advocate with Parkvale Health Center.
I am confident that my expertise in counseling and family dynamics would make me an asset to your team. I welcome you to contact me when it is convenient for you to further discuss my qualifications for your Family Advocate position. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Family Support Worker Cover Letter
Family Support Workers provide assistance to families dealing with various problems. Their involvement varies from providing emotional support to referring clients to professional services and community resources. Examples of Family Support Worker duties include assessing family needs, developing intervention plans, collaborating with healthcare professionals and social workers, adhering to equality and diversity policies, assisting families during crisis situations, helping with home management, and helping families dealing with language barriers.
A well-written sample cover letter for Family Support Worker should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Being able to interact with people from various backgrounds and to work under pressure
- Conflict resolution
- A non-judgmental approach and respect for diversity
- Problem-solving orientation and resourcefulness
- Empathy and a caring personality
- Emotional stability
- Computer literacy
Below is displayed a Family Support Worker example cover letter showcasing similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Family Support Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Casas:
Upon learning of your need for a Family Support Worker to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My experience supporting family members through a variety of economic, behavioral, and mental health challenges—as well as my comprehensive education and training in social services—gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
From performing intake assessments and developing customized case plans, to working with culturally diverse families and effectively supporting and counseling clients, my background has positioned me to excel in this role. My ability to connect with family members of all ages and establish trusting relationships, along with my consistent mindfulness of my personal responses to clients, prepares me to thrive in this challenging position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Provide vital support to a wide range of families and children in need, coordinating family services, promoting health initiatives, investigating allegations of problems and/or abuse, and recommending treatment options and solutions.
- Participate in team meetings focused on case planning, resource development, and goal definition to meet the objectives of each child and/or family.
- Maintain a strong network of community resources and ancillary agency services to optimize client experiences and accelerate goal achievement.
- Utilize superior empathy, therapeutic, and interpersonal abilities to provide optimal solutions and support in difficult and highly stressful situations; gained a breadth of experience working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Achieved a Master of Social Work degree in 2007 from the University of North Carolina.
With my previous experience and education in social work, complemented by my dedication to providing critical assistance to families in need, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration.
Marjorie R. Breshears