The Top 20 Most Interesting Research Paper Topics About Music
Music is a blessing. It’s something that everybody enjoys, and anyone can feel. It’s the way the soul of the artist expresses itself into this dimension if it can’t be done through words. If you want to write a research paper about it, you will have to keep in mind that it will be pretty time consuming , but I suppose that won’t be such a big problem since you already have the necessary time to complete this task.
- Genres. There are multiple genres of music, so make sure you present them all and how they affect the listener. You can’t talk about taste in something with other people and hope you are right, because everybody is right in this particular area, so try to be objective and present all of them.
- The effects on the brain. Did you know that listening to music is the only activity that uses all of our brain? This is an interesting fact, and depending on the music, it can become quite a tool.
- History. Music has evolved in many ways try to present it’s “map”.
- Psychology of Music. There is an aspect regarding psychology here as well so make sure you write about it if you want an interesting research paper.
- Musicology. Yeah there is a science who is called musicology, fun fact. Make sure you try and research about it and see if it suits you.
- Music in Commercials. How it’s being used and why, how it affects the viewer, these are all things you should take into consideration.
- Using music for education. This will appeal greatly to the younger generation. They can’t learn a lesson in a hour, but if they hear a song for two or three times, they already know it all. So this might be a good and useful tool for any teacher that has the courage to “sing his lessons”.
- Music Theory.
- Music Therapy. It’s used around the world since ancient times.
- Famous musicians.
- Famous composers.
- Philosophy of Music. Yeah something like that exists.
- Different Era’s in music.
- Music in Films.
- Music from Shakespeare. It’s a classic writer, present it and analyze what it’s being used.
- The history of the piano
- Teaching music to the younger generation.
- Great women in music.
- Music from different countries.
planning and organizing
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on firstname.lastname@example.org and get an answer promptly.
Essay/Term paper: The roots of blues music
Essay, term paper, research paper: Music
See all college papers and term papers on Music
Need a different (custom) essay on Music? Buy a custom essay on Music
Need a custom research paper on Music? Click here to buy a custom term paper.
The Roots of Blues Music
Blues is a very important type of music. Most music that you hear today
has some form of blues in it. If it wasn't for the blues there wouldn't be any
rock and roll, country, rap, pop, or jazz . Blues is also important for African
American culture. African Americans were also the people who started the blues.
The Blues started in the late 1800's in levee camps or plantations in
places like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas were many African Americans lived.
The blues of that time was called country blues. It was a mixture of African
music, field hollers, work songs, religious music, and ragtime.
The main influence of blues music was African music which has a strong
and steady beat using drums or other instruments. Its beat and singing showed
in the blues.
Work songs and field hollers were an influence on blues. They were mostly
made up as the musicians were singing. They were a mixture of story telling
and talking with a definite call and response.
Religious music was very important in forming blues music. Because most
blacks went to Christian churches from an early age and were exposed to
Ragtime was an influence that came later and is a faster blues played with
the piano and someone singing which was usually played in bars called barrel
The first country blues that was written and published was "Memphis Blues"
by W.C. Handy in the early 1900's.
The first recorded blues was " Crazy Blues" by Mamie Smith in 1915.
Most country blues were played with an acoustic guitar and with someone
singing. It also has a definite call and response between the voice and guitar.
Guitars were used because they had a broad range of notes, they were
portable, affordable, and they were permitted by slave owners at that time. The
slave owners didn't permit drums because they thought the drums could be used to
signal to each other.
There were many beginning Blues musicians but only a few had their songs
written, published, or recorded. The few who did became very popular. One
example is Blind Melon Jefferson who started recording in 1926. His records
outsold every other male musician at the time. Other popular musicians were
Robert Johnson, Son House, Ma Rainy, and the most famous Charlie Patton who is
credited for being the founder of the Delta Blues.
In the end you can say that Blues came from many places, played an
important part in African American culture, And was and still is a popular form
of music for everybody.
Other sample model essays:
Music / The Singing School: An American Tradition
The Singing School: An American Tradition The Singing School was an institution that was uniquely American. it was established to serve a dual purpose: the desire to create music and the ne...
Music / The Verve Pipe: The Freshman - Analysis
The Verve Pipe: The Freshman - Analysis When I was young I knew everything and she a punk who rarely took advice now I'm guilt stricken, sobbing with my head on the flo...
Music / The Way It Really Was!
The Way It Really Was! In the 1950's there were many problems. The Korean war and the civil rights struggle. Back then the music was all rhythm and blues (r &b). It was record mostly by...
Music / 'Roseanne And The Kiss'
Jodi Terwilliger 2/12/97 Paper #1 Dr.Lawrence "Roseanne and "The Kiss" This past winter break, myself and one of my best friends were driving down one of the main roads in...
Music / 'Special Effects'
Special EFFECTS Special effects in motion pictures has evolved over the years into an involved science of illusion and visual magic. The following is a comprehensive perspective depicting ...
Movie Reviews / 1000 Word Essa
Title: 1,000 Word Essay On THE LOVE STORY Category: Music and Movies Submitted: 2000-03-15 Word Count: 1072 Sophomore Composition 1,000 Wd. Report October 27, 1999 There are ...
Movie Reviews / 12 Angry Men
The movie Twelve Angry Men begins with an eighteen year old boy from the ghetto who is on trial for the murder of his abusive father. A jury of twelve men are locked in the deliberation room to ...
Movie Reviews / 2001- A Metaphorical Odyssey
2001: A Metaphorical Odyssey Myths are created for the purpose of conveying a message with an interesting medium with which to do so. Many cultures use myths to teach their young about...
Music / 2pac Shakur's Life
Tupac (Two-pahk) Amur Shakur, commonly known as 2pac, led a violent life. He died on September 13, 1996. He was a gangsta rapper/Aspiring actor. Tupac was a big figure in the rap community, always ...
Movie Reviews / 3 Movie's Reviewed
English 11 5 December 1996 Trainspotting Trainspotting is a drop-dead look at a dead-end lifestyle. Set among the junkies and thugs...